Thursday, May 10, 2018

Holiday experiences : Lesson: Mixed tenses/Conditionals exercise :

Topic : Holidays / Holiday experiences :




Basic tenses/ conditionals exercises:

Using this form of the present perfect ''I have now + 3rd verb'' + Past Simple:
Example: I have now seen the famous Eco - shrine in Hogsback, South Africa – it was amazing !

5 new experiences and then add information:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.








Relate 5 things you did and what made them special ( Past Simple.) :
Example: We visited a crystal shop with the most beautiful stones, it felt magical !

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.





Can you tell me three things you would do on holiday if you could/ had a choice?  – use the 2nd conditional :


If I went/ did / were + __________ I could /would ( modal verb.) + verb :
Examples: 
If I were wealthy, I could/would travel to more countries !
If I had a car, I would go on a road trip around my country.

1.
2.
3.



Five items about a regret or a stroke of luck using the 3rd conditional :

Example of a stroke of luck :
If I had not visited Hogsback for a second time, I would not have seen the Labyrinth.

Example of a regret : I got food poisoning :  If I had not eaten so much sushi, I would not have felt ill that day !

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.




On my next holiday, I will / am going to :

Create 5 plans ( going to ) and 5 instant decisions ( will) and include a general truth/fact with the Present Simple:

Example of a plan and a fact : On my next holiday, I am going to go to Cyprus. In Cyprus people speak Greek, you know !
Example of an instant decision and a general truth: I think I will stay at an air bnb – I hear they are very good.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.


1.
2.
3.
4.
5.




No comments:

Post a Comment